For air operated pumps both piston and diaphragm types
Makes transfer operations semi-automatic; Prevents pumping of air into lines and processes
- Shuts off air to pump when pump breaks suction and begins to run dry
- Pump shutdown is immediate often within one or two strokes
- Pump shutdown is positive, no slow cycling after shutdown.
- Fits pumps with three-quarter inch NPT air inlet or smaller.
- Pump restarts with the push of a button.
- 1015CW gives air whistle/alarm on pump shut down.
- Energy-saving: compressed air prevents pump from running dry and wasting costly compress air.
- Pump saving: a pump running dry requires more service.
- Non-electric: no costly wiring.
- Explosion resistant: all nomadic design allows use in hazardous areas.
The Model #1015C Overspeed Control is designed for use with air operated pumps, both diaphragm and piston types. This control may be used with any such pump having an air inlet of 3/4" NPT or smaller.
In operation, the #1015C will automatically shut off the air supply to the pump when it breaks suction, and begins to run dry. The pump starts to speed up and demands more compressed air. This increased air demand causes a small pressure drop in the air line between the pump air inlet and the #1015C control. The control senses the pressure drop and shuts off the air to the pump. Pump shutdown is positive and instantaneous with loss of liquid supply. Manual restarting of the pump is easily accomplished by pressing the reset button until the pump primes. The reset button may be remotely mounted when necessary.
Locate the control as close to the pump as possible. Mount the unit on the air line, or on the wall using the four holes on the back of the enclosure.
Run FILTERED-REGULATED-LUBRICATED air supply to the 3/4" NPTF inlet on the pump size compensating valve. Run air line from air outlet to air inlet on pump. IMPORTANT: the air supply to this unit must be provided with a separate pressure regulator.
1) Adjust regulator (customer supplied) to desired pump operating pressure. Do not select a pressure higher than can be maintained by your plant air system.
2) Unlock shut off speed adjustment knob and turn counterclockwise until loose. Pump will start.
3) With pump running and pumping the desired liquid, slowly close pump size compensating valve until the pump slows down slightly.
4) Turn shut off speed adjustment knob slowly clockwise until pump shuts off. Back off knob 1/4 turn counterclockwise and push in knob to lock.
5) Push in and hold reset button until pump has primed and speed has stabilized. Release reset button. Pump will continue to run until it breaks suction and overspeeds.
6) If pump fails to shut off fast enough, turn shut off speed knob clockwise 1/8 to 1/4 turn.
7) If pump shuts off too soon, turn shut off speed knob 1/8 to 1/4 turn counterclockwise.
OPTIONAL AIR WHISTLE
Model #1015CW provides an audible alarm on pump shut down. The whistle tone/volume may be adjusted with regulator provided. The alarm may be cancelled with the switch on the left hand side of the enclosure.